Welcome to Mr. Johnson-LeMieux's Webpage
The best way to contact me with your questions or concerns is at email@example.com but you can also call the front office and request to leave a message on my district voicemail at 734-783-3333.
Mr. Johnson's social bookmarking account used for research projects can be found by clicking here: http://www.delicious.com/johnsot/
Personal Mission Statement
I will help all students become accountable, hard working, and analytical citizens, enabling them to succeed in our ever-changing, challenging world. Students will experience a classroom environment that encourages constructive debate, compassion, and empathy.
I have worked at Woodhaven High School since 2006 teaching English and Social Studies. I have also coached the boys varsity swim team during that time.
I have a B.S. in History, Social Studies, English, and Geography from Eastern Michigan University. I have also completed a M.S.ed. in Adolescent Literacy & Technology at Walden University.
- All students’ eyes must be on the speaker and all heads must remain off of the desk during discussion, videos, and lecture.
- All language must be respectful at all times.
- All actions towards others will be respectful at all times.
- Bring appropriate supplies to class including a binder, book, homework, pencil, and planner.
- Raise your hand if you would like to speak during silent work time, lecture, or discussion.
- Everyone will be asked before their property is used, touched, or borrowed.
- No distracting objects will be brought into the class including games, balls, etc…cell phones and electronic tablets are only to be used with expressed permission of the teacher.
- Ignorance is strictly prohibited; if you don’t know, ask a question!
Disciplinary Measures (in all but the most extreme cases)
Cell Phone Policy
- Student will be notified of unacceptable behavior.
- Student may be removed from the distracting environment.
- Student will write a behavior essay describing how his or her conduct can be improved.
- Parent will be contacted.
- Student sent to assistant principal for further discipline.
Cell phones will be kept out of reach, out of sight, and silent unless the teacher directly tells the student that he or she may use a cell phone.
Phones may not be used for texting or making phone calls regardless of who is contacting the student (even parents).
Individuals who need to contact the student should call the front office at 734-783-3333 and the secretaries will deliver the message at the appropriate time.
This procedure has been put in place to ensure that there is a minimum of distractions in the learning environment.
Students who violate this policy will have one initial warning and then will have their phones confiscated and delivered to the front office.
Any work that is turned in after being collected by the teacher is considered late. Work will be accepted late at 50% of the total grade. Late homework will not be accepted after the assignment has been graded and handed back to students who did complete the assignment. Large projects and essays will be accepted at any time up to two weeks before the end of the trimester.
Plagiarism (copying or using someone else’s words or ideas and pretending they are one’s own original work) will result in a “0” on the assignment for all persons involved. Assignments where students cheated will be denoted as such on Student/Parent Connect for that assignment. The second time will result in a detention, a call home, and an essay concerning the evils of plagiarism. A third time will result in a referral to the assistant principal.
Student grades can be obtained by following one of the two links: StudentConnection ParentPortal
Course Home Pages
You can access the pages for my individual classes by clicking under the appropriate tab on the left side of the page or by clicking on the link below:
US History & Geography A
US History & Geography B
AP US History
Boys Varsity Swim and Dive Home Page